Interest Free Status

Loan Status: In Study

While you are in school you do not have to make payments and no interest accrues on your loan. However, you can make a payment at any time if you want to pay off your loan faster.

Maintain Interest Free Status

There are two ways to notify Alberta Student Aid that you are in school:

  • Apply For and Receive Additional Student Loans
  • or
  • Confirm Your Enrolment


Confirmation of Enrolment

If you only have Alberta student loan, submit a Form B - Confirmation of Enrolment.
Find the form at:

If you have Alberta and Canada student loans, ask your school to complete an Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment.